|Broxton might be on the Mets Radar|
Here are the 2012 Free Agent Closers :
- Heath Bell (34) - Mets reunion, not a chance in hell
- Jonathan Broxton (28) - Coming off Injury, Low Risk/High Reward
- Matt Capps (28) - Might come cheap, might want to comeback to NL
- Francisco Cordero (37) - $12MM club option with a $1MM buyout - Too Old
- Frank Francisco (32) - If Mets are desperate
- Brad Lidge (35) - $12.5MM club option with a $1.5MM buyout - Too Much, Always Injured
- Joe Nathan (37) - $12.5MM club option with a $2MM buyout - Too Much, Always Injured
- Jonathan Papelbon (31) - A Real Bargain deal would have to happen here
- Jon Rauch (33) - $3.75MM club option with a $250K buyout - "The Wookie" is a cheap option if his option don't get picked up
- Francisco Rodriguez (30) - He said he would comeback, but do the Mets want him back??
- Rafael Soriano (32) - $11MM player option or a $1.5MM buyout - Yankees regret this sign
- Jose Valverde (34) - $9MM club option, no buyout - Don't think the Mets will be knocking if available
Out of this list, I would think the Mets would look anyone who has closer experience with a cheap price tag...
Jonathan Broxton is only making $7M in 2011, Broxton underwent season-ending, arthroscopic surgery on Monday to remove loose bodies from his right elbow, this after months of attempting to come back from a bone bruise that landed him on the disabled list in early May. And that was after Broxton's struggles from the second half of last season carried over to this season, as he posted a 5.68 ERA in 14 appearances.