Showing posts with label David Lennon. Show all posts
Showing posts with label David Lennon. Show all posts

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Rumor Mill: Mets working on trade not involving Dickey


Rumor Mill:

The Mets are sitting on a number of potential trades for Dickey, tweets David Lennon of Newsday. He says that if a team caves and adds a necessary piece, a deal could be done quickly.  The Mets are also working on a trade for an outfielder that does not involve Dickey.

Dickey is seeking a two-year deal worth roughly $30MM, writes Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, while the Mets are around two years and $20MM.

The Mets are reluctant to commit to a two-year deal for Scott Hairston, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Rosenthal adds that the Mets could net a catcher in a trade involving R.A. Dickey or other players. Given the context, I assume he means an outfielder, though the Mets are seeking a backstop as well.

Wright was non-committal when discussing R.A. Dickey, saying that he hopes things work out for the best for the right-hander whatever happens (Twitter link via David Lennon of Newsday).

The Mets would be open to eating a portion of the money remaining on Johan Santana's deal in a trade, but so far the team hasn't received any inquiries, tweets Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.





Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mets have "no interest" in pitcher Scott Kazmir at this time


David Lennon of New York Newsday reports that the Mets have no interest in Scott Kazmir "at this time."

Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that Kazmir averaged 86-89 mph and topped out at 91 mph while throwing for approximately 10 teams Friday in Houston. The Mets were mentioned as a possible suitor earlier this week, but Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog.com was told that they were not in attendance.

Still, it wouldn't be surprising if the 28-year-old southpaw landed a minor league pact from someone.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Lennon: Pedro Beato is "pretty much a lock" to make the Mets


David Lennon of Newsday believes that Rule 5 draft pick Pedro Beato is "pretty much a lock" to make the Mets.

Beato was the No. 32 pick in the 2006 draft, but his stock dropped since then and he was converted to relief. He was plucked from the Orioles in the second round of the Rule 5 Draft. The 24-year-old right-hander posted a 2.11 ERA and 50/19 K/BB ratio over 59 2/3 innings with Double-A Bowie last season. He could mop up innings as the last man in the Mets bullpen this season.

Beato, who threw a live batting practice session Wednesday, was throwing hard enough and well enough to impress manager Terry Collins, the Bergen Record reports.

As a Rule 5 pick, the Mets have to keep Beato on the roster the entire season or put him through waivers and offer him back to the O's.

Beato will be given every chance to stick as a power arm out of the pen.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The Beltran Chronicles - A Trade Story


This is a recap for all the Mets Fans who don't know whats going on with the potential Beltran deal. Courtesy of  MLBTR.

On Tuesday at the Winter Meetings, the idea of the Red Sox acquiring Carlos Beltran surfaced.

For the remainder of the day, we heard a few rumblings.

Then "A Source" involved in the discussions told Joel Sherman of the New York Post that nothing was close with Boston and Beltran (Twitter link). Sherman was told yesterday that the Red Sox see Beltran as a fallback.

Then we got an update form SI.com's Jon Heyman, who spoke to one NL executive who estimated the Mets would have to eat about half of Beltran's salary in order to move him (Twitter link).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...