The Mets have announced their organization awards, they named first baseman Allan Dykstra and catcher Kevin Plawecki as their co-minor league players of the year. Right-hander Gabriel Ynoa has been named the organization's top pitching performer. Dykstra hit 21 HR's and drove in 82 RBI's, Ynoa won 17 games including two post-season games and had a ERA of 2.72 with 106 K's in 135 innings. Plawecki batted .305 with 80 RBI's.
Those prospects, along with individual level award winners, will be honored during a pregame ceremony at Citi Field on Friday night.
The individual level Sterling Award winners:
• Right-hander Rafael Montero (Las Vegas)
• Right-handers Noah Syndergaard and Jeff Walters (Binghamton)
• Outfielder/third baseman Dustin Lawley (St. Lucie)
• First baseman Jayce Boyd (Savannah)
• Right-hander Robert Whalen (Kingsport)
• Right-hander Robert Gsellman (Brooklyn)
• First baseman Dominic Smith (Gulf Coast League)
• Outfielder John Mora and left-hander Jose Medina (Dominican Summer League)