The Mets might be hitting the international market for talent....
According to Blake Bentley of MLBTR these are the Top Ten Dominican Republic Prospects (As of July/2010):
1. Vicmal De La Cruz, OF. Has the best toolset of any player in this class. Upside as high as anyone.
2. Martin Steylon Peguero, SS. Hands down the best shortstop of this year's class.
3. Ariel Ovando, OF. – When two different scouts drop Darryl Strawberry comps, you take notice.
4. Phillips Castillo, OF. This outfielder is a lock for seven figures.
5. Wilmer Romero, OF. Still a bit of an unknown, but has the potential to move up on this list.
6. Eskarlin Vazquez, OF. Perhaps the most publicized player in this year's class. At 6'3", Vazquez has a projectable frame with good pop.
7. Jorge Feliz, RHP. A 92 mph fastball and feel for a curve earns him the highest pitcher’s spot.
8. Alberto Triunfel, SS. Little brother to Carlos Triunfel, Alberto also has Scott Boras as his agent.
9. Elvis Sanchez, 3B. His body has improved tremendously over the past year, allowing the possibility of sticking at third base for the long haul. If he continues to show off-the-charts power, it may be irrelevant.
T-10. Edwin Moreno, OF. Left-handed outfielder with pop and a strong body.
T-10. Luis Abad, RHP. Hitting 92 mph and weighing 160 pounds soaking wet, the 6'3" Abad is one of the most projectable pitchers you'll see.
T-10. Javier Pimentel, SS. A wide-shouldered shortstop with a solid bat and plenty of room for improvement.
This is a video of Vicma De La Cruz the #1 prospect:
Like Us on Facebook By Clicking Like Below to Get Latest Mets News and Rumors, Plus Chance to Win Free Giveaways
Sign Up For Email Updates:
Powered By EasyTins