John Sickels of Minor League Ball gives us his Mets Top 20 Mets Prospects:
New York Mets Top 20 for 2011 (Should be Top 21)
1) Wilmer Flores, SS, Grade B+: He's coming around with the bat. How fast will the new regime push him, and what position will he play long-term?
2) Jenrry Mejia, RHP, Grade B: I'm concerned enough about his health to lower his grade a notch, but I still like him. Not a technical rookie due to service time, but under the innings limit and people ask about him.
3) Matt Harvey, RHP, Grade B: Love the power arm, but lingering questions about his command keep him from higher grade at this point.
4) Aderlin Rodriguez, 3B, Grade B-: I am very impressed with his power but concerned about defense and reports of bad work ethic.
5) Fernando Martinez, OF, Grade B-: Stock is starting to slip. Still young, still has potential, but development hampered by injuries and poor handling by previous front office. May need change of scenery.
6) Cory Vaughn, OF, Grade B-: Tools are excellent. If he maintains the improved approach he showed in the NY-P, he'll blossom.
7) Juan Urbina, LHP, Grade B-: Highly projectable but a long way from the majors. Grade is somewhat aggressive but I like what I hear about him.
8) Reese Havens, 2B, Grade C+: Would rank higher with at least a B- or a B if he could stay healthy.
9) Lucas Duda, OF-1B, Grade C+: Older prospect, turned on the power this year, should be a useful bat.
10) Kirk Nieuwenhuis, OF, Grade C+: I think he'll be a useful fourth outfielder but if he can refine his skills further he could be a decent starter. I originally had him at 14 on this list, but looking at it again that was too low. That said, he's got some weaknesses with contact that have to be addressed. But he's younger and more athletic than Lutz and needs to rank ahead of him.
11) Zach Lutz, 3B, Grade C+: A third base version of Duda; lots of power, other skills marginal.
12) Cesar Puello, OF, Grade C+: Others may rank him higher due to speed and tools. Very young, fast, lack of power is a concern, many similar players have failed and something is making me cautious here.
13) Jeurys Familia, RHP, Grade C+: Still like the arm, could bloom if control sharpens up again. He's actually a sleeper again.
14) Armando Rodriguez, RHP, Grade C+: Scouting reports point to mediocre stuff, but excellent statistics.
15) Sean Ratliff, OF, Grade C+: Was Double-A breakout genuine or a fluke? Has always had power, but strikeouts held him back.
16) Albert Cordero, C, Grade C+: Sleeper catching prospect features good glove, power, but needs to tighten strike zone.
17) Matt Den Dekker, OF, Grade C+: I think he can be a good fourth outfielder.
18) Darrell Ceciliani, OF, Grade C+: Younger and faster than Den Dekker and Nieuwenhuis, but less polished.
19) Jefry Marte, 3B, Grade C+: Improved slightly and very young.
20) Mark Cohoon, LHP, Grade C+: Finesse lefty could reach majors in '11.
21) Dillon Gee, RHP, Grade C: He can eat up innings but I think his ceiling is limited.
Monday, November 08, 2010
Like Us on Facebook By Clicking Like Below to Get Latest Updates
Sign Up For Email Updates:
Powered By EasyTins